Monday, June 8, 2009

Keeping the sabbath day holy:

I have felt in a weird spot regarding keeping the sabbath day holy- it wasn't until a few weeks ago when the missionaries explained exactly what was required to keep it holy. Mike and I always went shopping or ate out on sunday and I really wanted to keep it a special day. So... this sunday after church we had a picnic lunch and went for a little walk by the Kenduskeag(sp?). Even though this might not be the ideal mormon way of keeping the sabbath day holy, I feel really good about it. We spent every minute sunday together as a family and even when we were skipping rocks in the water, I thought of Heavenly father and how thankful I am for my family- even if I have to work harder than others deciding what to do.








After dinner, we had our Family home evening, it went really good, even though I am still pretty new with it. We painted sea shells that we found on our vacation and made " our family in seashells".



For our treat we made brownies, which was everyones favorite part, I understand why its last!

1 comment:

  1. What a good example you are to me. Now I have to keep up with you. Slow down wait for me lol!

    ReplyDelete